Affiliate Marketing – Powerful Keyword Research Tips & More
There’s no way around it – keyword research is the foundation of every good affiliate marketing business. It doesn’t matter if you’re an organic search guru or a PPC baron, you’d better be able to pinpoint the keywords that matter and become competitive for them as fast as possible.
It can be easy though to miss the important keywords. My favorite research tool for that is AffiloTools.
Without it, I would be completely lost
Have A Look… –>> Affilorama Tools 🙂
You’ll Be Glad You Did
I’m going to go through with you today my tips for finding the money-magnet keywords that you – and your competitors – have missed!
My Keyword Research Technique
–>> I like to get started in the AffiloTool’s keyword tool – it’s easy to use and it is very accurate. You can enter multiple terms, but for now, just one will do. I’ll use “lose weight” as an example. The top level of search results will be terms that use the basic term, and will include things like:
* How to lose weight * Lose weight fast * Lose belly weight
These terms are all directly related to the term and give you more options to build your list. Look for the Global Monthly Search Volume to get an idea of how many searches this term gets each month.
Unless you’re developing a PPC campaign, ignore any local search volume data that Google gives you. Also ignore the competition data as this relates to PPC advertising. — You just want to know how many people are searching.
Best Kinds of Keywords
Okay, so now you have a good general idea of what keywords you’ll be using. What about the actual terms you should be targeting. I have a small listing of terms I like to use as often as possible.
How you optimize will depend on your strategy, but if you’re doing PPC, you pretty much have to have lists for these particular terms:
* Author Names – If you’re promoting info products on weight loss products, you can find keywords related to the authors of those info products. Check your affiliate program’s rules to determine if you’re allowed to do this, but most vendors will be perfectly happy to let you. More commissions for you means more profits for them.
* Product Names – Along the same lines, product names are highly successful conversion tools. Most people, when searching for a specific product name, are looking for reviews, or final justification before a purchase. Volume is lower, but you’re getting leads that are much more likely to convert.
* Long Tails – Finally, if you’re doing PPC or creating an authority site, using long tail keywords can really boost your performance. For example, if you’re writing about dog training, you can add the dog breeds to beginning of each keyword – instantly creating 200 long tails for each base keyword you have.
* For example, someone might search for “fix golden retriever aggression” and someone else might search for
“fix poodle aggression”. Those are both specific long tails and can be extended as much as is needed to get your traffic.
Keywords are the currency of any good affiliate marketer. You want traffic? You need to find the words
people are searching for and become competitive for them. So, before you ever start marketing any of your new niche products, spend some time researching, building lists, and analysing the keywords.
With tools like AffiloTools, check to make sure there is volume, and always check your competitors to see what they’re optimized for If you do it right, you should be able to create a huge list of potential gold keywords.
AffiloTools is a complete package that gives you link building tools, tools that let you spy on your competitors, rank checking software and so much more. Plus, it includes extra bonuses that you’ll have to see for yourself! 🙂